Saturday, February 5, 2011

Author Interview: Linda Joy Singleton

Yay!! I'm excited? Are you excited? Because guess what? This is my first ever author interview!! *dances around happily* Cookies for all! 



Ok, I got a little distracted. Everybody, let us warmly welcome: 


Linda Joy Singleton!

3LB: iLive, iLaugh, iLove Books, AKA Lucia (Me)
LJS: Linda Joy Singleton

LJS: I’m Linda Joy Singleton, author of over 35 books, including DEAD GIRL trilogy and THE SEER series. I live in Northern California, have two grown children and a great husband. 

Questions about The Seer Series:

3LB: Who or what inspired you to write? Do you have any role models?
LJS: I started writing when I was 8 years old. No one told me to. I just felt compelled to create my own stories. I loved mystery series, especially a series called Judy Bolton Mysteries by Margaret Sutton. I wrote to Margaret and she wrote back when I was 14. I met her in person when I was 17 and a decade later we co-wrote a book together. She’s passed on now, but lived to be nearly 100.

3LB: Do you have a favorite character?
LJS: In my SEER series, I love all the characters differently. Sabine is the most interesting to me and I loved writing about her. I felt her emotions and miss her since the series ended.

3LB: Are any of your characters or scenes based on people/events in your own life?
LJS: Dominic from THE SEER is based on my husband who is an outdoors guy who rides horses and built our home. He’s not mysterious, though, and doesn’t read poetry. I added that just to make Dominic a little more intriguing. 

3LB: Are any of your own interests represented in the book? 
LJS: Amy’s interest in collecting series books is based on my own collection. I have a large collection of girl mystery series (like Nancy Drew) in a home library. I love to have at least one book from each series, from the late 1800’s to current series. Also, I gave Sabine a love of crafts because before writing became my daily job, I did all kinds of crafts; sewing, crocheting, quilting and much more.

3LB: If Don’t Die, Dragonfly was to be made into a movie, do you have a dream cast?
LJS: I’d rather have unknowns to play the parts because famous stars bring so much of their own personalities to a part. Sabine would need to be a new actress who would then became famous in her DRAGONFLY role. But it would be interesting to know what actors my fans would like to see in these roles. What do YOU think?

3LB: What’s up next for you?
LJS: In 2012, a spinoff from THE SEER starring Thorn comes out. It’ll be called A Goth Girl Mystery: #1. BURIED. I’ve written the book and can’t wait for it to come out.

3LB: Yay! I love Thorn! She's is definitely one of my favorite characters, along with Manny, Dominic, and Dominic's falcon. (Gotta give those animals credit.)

Other Questions:

3LB: What three people/characters would you love to meet? (They can be fictional, dead, or real and very much alive!)
LJS: I’d love to meet J.K. Rowling as I’m a huge Harry Potter fan.  I’m a fan of many other authors,
And I’ve been lucky enough to meet some of them at writing conferences like Caroline B. Cooney, Peg Kehret and Margaret Peterson Haddix.

3LB: Is there a book or series that you would recommend everybody to read?
LJS: So many! I love the MAGIC series by Maria V. Snyder, SEPTIMUS HEAP by Angie Sage and Kathryn Reiss has written some amazing fantasies, too. The best way to get a longer list of my favorites is to go to my Goodreads page and anything I gave 5 stars to is a great book.
3LB: Do you have a favorite book or author?
LJS: Many, many! As a child it was the Judy Bolton series.

3LB: What type of environment do you need to write in?
LJS: Morning at my computer in my office.

3LB: Favorite past-times? Hobbies?
LJS: I used to square dance, but not much anymore. I bowl a little. I love to take walks and enjoy nature. Reading, of course. I love going to movies. Online I play some Zynga games. And I love my I-Phone.

3LB: If you could have any supernatural ability, what would it be and why?
LJS: Flying would be cool. I’d to be up high and soar over the world completely free.
3LB: Biggest pet peeves? 
LJS: People that are judgmental and don’t think for themselves.

3LB: Tell us five interesting things about yourself.
LJS: 1. I’m not that interesting. 
2. I love animals, and usually have a dog or cat nearby when I’m writing.
3. I’ve been dyeing my hair since I was 20.
4. I have laser eye surgery to fix near-sightedness and it worked great!
5. I love reality shows, especially Amazing Race, Survivor and Big Brother.

~~~

Thank you, Linda! For more information on Linda and her books, visit:

Out of her many books, I've only read part of her Seer series. Check out my reviews!

Don't Die, Dragonfly (Kindle Edition) by Linda Joy SingletonLast Dance (The Seer, #2)Witch Ball (The Seer, #3)

Links to buy the first novel of Linda's Seer series, Don't Die, Dragonfly:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...