Friday, February 18, 2011

The Iron Queen


The Iron Queen (Iron Fey, #3)
The Iron Queen


Author: Julie Kagawa
Reading Level and Genre(s): YA Fantasy
Publication Date: January 25, 2011

Overall Rating: 5/5
Cover Rating: 4/5
Cover Comments: GORGEOUS cover! I love the thorns that curl around the entire cover, and also on the first page of each chapter. 


I. Loved. This. Book. Seriously. I sacrificed three nights of sleep to read it, and it was totally worth it! The entire Iron Fey series has been spectacular, this one is my most favorite so far. Loved, loved, loved it! It's chock full of romance, adventure, humor, and everything else good. Like cookies, rainbows, hugs and a certain Ice prince. If you have not started on this series yet, READ IT NOW. 


Just when we thought the series could not get any better, we get THIS. The entire book is an emotional run that had me laughing, crying, and screaming (mentally) with the characters in the pages in front of me. Meghan changed so much in this one, but in a good way. She had to make so many difficult decisions, and sacrifice so much. She's one of my most favorite heroines ever.


***Spoiler warning: If you have not read the Iron Fey series yet, do not proceed if you do not want the book ruined for you.


Each one of these characters feels like they're real and a part of you. Puck is also different from before. It seems like in the first two books Puck was the one grinning and smiling and Ash was the one smirking. In this one, they've switched positions. Puck's changed a lot. You see the unemotional, ancient faery part of him more, not the happy, warm human side (Even though he's not human. But he pretended to be one for long enough.)


As for Ash, he's the total opposite. He's so much more open, which makes him even more appealing (as if he wasn't already super hot!). This book is so sad, because of Ash and Meghan's romance. It seems like they're doomed to never end up together, but I really hope it turns out right! I thought it would all end, but I knew Ash would never give up! Kudos to Ice Boy. The ending of this one just left me screaming (still mentally. Don't want parents or neighbors thinking I'm crazy.) I need to know what happens next! If there was no Iron Knight, I would die. 


First Line:


"Eleven years ago, on my sixth birthday, my father disappeared."


Teaser/Favorite Quotes:


"I learned that love can transcend race and time, and that it can be beautiful and perfect and worth fighting for for but also fragile and heartbreaking, and sometimes sacrifice is necessary. That sometimes it's you against the world, and there are no easy answers. That you have to know when to hold on... and when to let go. And even if that love comes back, you could discover something in someone else who has been there all along."


"'I will keep fighting for you,' Ash said in a low, intense voice. 'Do what you must. I'll be here, whatever you decide. If it takes one year or a thousand, I will keep you safe.'"


"Ash rolled his eyes, though his attention didn't leave the fey surrounding us. 'Stop yapping and get down here, Goodfellow.' 'Goodfellow?' Glitch stared at Puck nervously. 'Robin Goodfellow?' 'Oh, look at that, he's heard of me. My fame grows.' Puck snorted and leaped off the roof. In midair, he became a giant black raven, who swooped toward us with a raucous cry before dropping into the circle as Puck in an explosion of feathers. 'Ta-daaaaaaaaaa.'"


"'For the record,' Grimalkin stated as we ventured, single file, into the black, 'I do not think this is a good idea. But, as no one listens to the cat anymore, I will have to wait until we are completely lost to say "I told you so."'"


A series of quotes from one little guy that amuses me: "Master punish bad kitty?" "Razor help! Help Master! Wanted to find you!" "No die! No die, no! We help! Razor help! Razor did good?" Does he not remind you of Dobby? 


"'I love you, Meghan Chase,' he murmured against my skin. 'For the rest of my life, however long we have left. I'll consider it an honor to die beside you.'"


Goodreads Synopsis:


My name is Meghan Chase.

I thought it was over. That my time with the fey, the impossible choices I had to make, the sacrifices of those I loved, was behind me. But a storm is approaching, an army of Iron fey that will drag me back, kicking and screaming. Drag me away from the banished prince who's sworn to stand by my side. Drag me into the core of conflict so powerful, I'm not sure anyone can survive it.

This time, there will be no turning back.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...