Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Teaser Tuesday (15)

Teaser Tuesdays is a weekly bookish meme, hosted by MizB of Should Be Reading. Anyone can play along! Just do the following:
  • Grab your current read
  • Open to a random page
  • Share two (2) “teaser” sentences from somewhere on that page
  • BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS! (make sure that what you share doesn’t give too much away! You don’t want to ruin the book for others!)
  • Share the title & author, too, so that other TT participants can add the book to their TBR Lists if they like your teasers!
My teaser:
Linger (The Wolves of Mercy Falls, #2)
"Feel like an intervention?" I asked. "I think tonight feels like a good night for an intervention, man."
"Thanks, but I'll deal with my issues on my own," Sam said.
"C'mon." I offered him the bottle of whiskey, but he shook his head. "It'll make you relax," I informed him. "Enough of this and you'll be paddling that tub to China. ...Just think how much better you'll feel when you've faced your demons."
~~~
Part of me wanted to go to the doctor, in case they could help. But more of me was afraid to, in case they couldn't. What option was left if this failed?
~From pages 204 and 309 of Linger by Maggie Stiefvater

PLEASE LEAVE A COMMENT with either the link to your own Teaser Tuesday post, or share your two 'teasers' in a comment here (if you don't have a blog). Thanks!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...