Saturday, May 14, 2011

Review: Daimon

Daimon (Covenant, #0.5)

Series: Covenant, #0.5
Reading Level and Genre(s): YA Urban Fantasy
Features: Greek mythology, Gods, Daimons
Publisher: Spencer Hill Press
Publication Date: April 19, 2011
Source: Publisher for preview
Links to Buy: Amazon|Kindle|
NOOKBook|Available for free HERE
Photobucket

Love in my world usually ended up with someone hearing “I smite thee!” as she was cursed to be some lame flower for the rest of her life.
For three years, Alexandria has lived among mortals—pretending to be like them and trying to forget the duty she'd been trained to fulfill as a child of a mortal and a demigod. At seventeen, she's pretty much accepted that she's a freak by mortal standards... and that she'll never be prepared for that duty. 

According to her mother, that’s a good thing. 

But as every descendent of the gods knows, Fate has a way of rearing her ugly head. A horrifying attack forces Alex to flee Miami and try to find her way back to the very place her mother had warned her she should never return—the Covenant. Every step that brings her closer to safety is one more step toward death… because she's being hunted by the very creatures she'd once trained to kill. 

The daimons have found her.
~~~
Wow. What a great introduction to this year's debut series, Covenant. I loved every single line of this. It was short, but it was not lacking in adventure, humor, mystery, a bit of fright, and even a boy! My only complaint? TOO SHORT. I absolutely cannot wait until Half-Blood comes out. 


Alex is a total kick-butt character, which automatically makes her my favorite. She's also hilarious and super sarcastic.  I can't wait to get more of her and her wit and skill in Half-Blood.


Since the story's short I won't be revealing much about the plot (besides, it's free for everybody right now), but all I can say is I was on the edge of my seat, staring intently at the computer screen, waiting to see what was going to happen next. Also, reading it in the darkness of my room at midnight (which is TOTALLY forbidden by my parents) heightened the excitement. It was even scary. Those daimons are freaky, okay? I really hope I don't read about another one. Ha! That's probably not going to happen. But that's alright. If there's more hot boys to come and save the day, I'll take it!


Speaking of hot boys... Aiden? *swoon* Oh, my Lordy. He's already captured my heart, and he's said like two sentences in the entire short story. 


If you haven't yet, go check out the Daimon book blog tour. There's character interviews (one with Aiden!), sneak peeks, and giveaways! Start off at Jen's blog.


Go read this! I mean, it was super awesome, and it's free! What more incentive do you need?
Disclaimers: Per the FTC regulations, please note that iLive, iLaugh, iLove Books does receive books for review for free by publishers or authors. For every book reviewed – whether sent by publisher, author or books purchased, it will be graded with a clean and open mind.
 A free book received will not influence any opinion of the contents of the book.
Spoilers may or may not have been present in this review. While iLive, iLaugh, iLove Books does review honestly, reviews are not specifically checked for spoilers. Attempts at avoiding spoilers are made, but not all are removed or fixed. This disclaimer is a general statement placed on all reviews as a warning to those who read them.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...