Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Teaser Tuesday (19)


Teaser Tuesdays is a weekly bookish meme, hosted by MizB of Should Be Reading. Anyone can play along! Just do the following:
  • Grab your current read
  • Open to a random page
  • Share two (2) “teaser” sentences from somewhere on that page
  • BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS! (make sure that what you share doesn’t give too much away! You don’t want to ruin the book for others!)
  • Share the title & author, too, so that other TT participants can add the book to their TBR Lists if they like your teasers!
The two books I'm currently reading are on my Kindle, and I'm too lazy to be flipping back and forth between that, so I just pulled out Waterfall, which I have NOT started yet. (No spoilers!)
Waterfall (River of Time, #1)
Marcello's hands covered my left. I knew him by his smell of wood smoke and cinnamon. But I couldn't seem to open my eyes. He was praying for me, in Latin. Begging to God to save me, to bring me back to him.
But wasn't it easier if I just left now?
Returned to my own time or... disappeared altogether?
~Page 293 of Waterfall by Lisa T. Bergren

*Note: The text featured in this post is from an Advanced Reader's Copy (ARC). Changes may have been made in the final proof.

PLEASE LEAVE A COMMENT with either the link to your own Teaser Tuesday post, or share your two 'teasers' in a comment here (if you don't have a blog). Thanks!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...