Saturday, June 4, 2011

Author Interview: Donna L. Peterson (Blog Tour)

Today I am hosting a stop for The MIS-Adventures of Phillip Isaac Penn blog tour. Please welcome Pip's creator!
     Donna Peterson has enjoyed writing stories and poetry since the second grade. She has been published four times in the Idaho Magazine; wrote a weekly humor column, "Kaleidoscope," for the Three Rivers Chronicle; and she continues to write short stories for the children at Park Intermediate School, where she has been employed for the past twelve years. Two years ago, Donna took a children's literature class, which inspired her to finally publish her own stories.
     Donna lives in Weiser, Idaho, with her husband, Brad, and her three-legged cat, Sam. Her son, Erik and his lovely wife, Shawna, live in Murray, Utah. Her other son, David, will be attending college in Japan next fall.
     Writing has always been Donna's favorite pastime, so having her first children's book published is a dream come true.

~~~
3LB: Who or what inspired you to write? 
My parents were the first to inspire me when they’d read my Second Grade stories and tried to sound enthusiastic about them-No matter how silly they might have been. Then my Fourth Grade teacher, Mrs. Poole, told me that she knew I’d write a book someday. After that, my high school English teachers all told me that I was destined to be a writer. I hope some of my teachers are still around to read my book, and to know how much they all inspired me.
3LB: What did you do the second you found out that your book was going to be published?
I pinched myself to make sure I wasn’t dreaming!
3LB: Create a haiku about The MIS-Adventures of Phillip Isaac Penn.
Do you know how long it’s been since I tried Haiku??? Yikes!!! But here it is:
Phillip Isaac Penn
Trouble surrounds him
Life’s not easy for that kid

3LB: Are any of your characters or scenes based on people/events in your own life?
There are bits and pieces of both children and adults I’ve known in all of my characters. Also, I must admit that there’s a little Pip in me. And sometimes I’ve even been some of the unfair adults who seem to pick on him.
3LB: What’s next for you? 
I’m now writing a second adventure with Phillip Isaac Penn (aka:Pip). I actually laughed out loud as I wrote the first chapter.
3LB: Would you ever consider writing in a different genre? 
Yes, and I have. I’ve written in such a variety of genres, and I’ve found I enjoy any type of writing which includes humor. I’ve actually been working on an adventure, pioneer, humorous romance, historical, mystery novel for 10 years now. Even though it is my favorite story yet, I have a feeling it has too many genres attached to it, so I will have to get a hold of it with a fine tooth comb, edit and re-edit.
3LB: If you were to go live on an island and could only choose 5 books to take with you, what
would you choose? 
My #1 favorite read is the Bible. Then I’d probably pick a few of my favorite classics such as Gone with the Wind, Anne of Green Gables, and Anne Frank, The Diary of a Young Girl. For my 5th choice I’d pick one of the fun Stephanie Plum romps by Janet Evanovich. I’d need some variety if I was living in such isolation!
3LB: What three people/characters would you love to meet? (They can be fictional, dead,
or real and very much alive!) 
I’d actually really enjoy meeting Anne Frank, whose mirrored many of my own thoughts as a pre-teen. I’d also like to meet my infamous 32nd great grandfather, St. Olav, the Norwegian viking king who endorsed Christianity. Last but not least, I’d like to meet any of the United States Presidents, either past or present.
3LB: Finish this sentence "I can't live without..." 
...books to read!
3LB: Tell us five interesting things about yourself. 
The most interesting thing I ever did was when I turned 20, and wanted to take a break from college, so I took a freighter to Europe and got a job as a governess in Norway, where I stayed a year. After that my life settled down, but I still love to travel whenever it’s possible. Besides writing and traveling, I also enjoy photography, jewelry making and camping trips with my family.
Is there anything else you’d like to share? 
I’ll try to wrap this up by leaving your readers wanting more (hopefully)...
~~~
To learn more about Donna and her writing, visit:
*Visit each stop to enter the five giveaways during the tour!

May 25I Am A Reader, Not A WriterJune 1Hopelessly Devoted Bibliophile
Book RetreatGirls With Books
May 26Babs World of Book ReviewsLori Calabrese Writes!
I Like These BooksBooks Devoured
My Love Affair With BooksJune 2Books R Us
So I’m FiftyKeepin’ Up With LDS Bookstores
May 27Mayra’s Secret BookcasePensive Bookeaters
BookDadsJune 3It’s All About Books
May 28Coffee For the BrainBookworm Lisa
Makobi ScribeJune 4There’s A Book
May 29Book TwirpsiLive, iLove, iLaugh Books
Living, Loving, Laughing, ReadingReading Vacation
May 30Le Vanity VictorienneJune 5The Wormhole
Book DreamingFor What It’s Worth
May 31An Avid Reader’s MusingsMarjolein Book Blog
Roots in MythJune 6Manga Maniac Cafe
A Casual Reader’s BlogFire and Ice
June 7Attack of the Book
The Author’s Hideaway

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...