Monday, June 13, 2011

Author Interview: Jayne Fordham


Please welcome fellow blogger and Aussie writer Jayne Fordham, author of A Season of Transformation!
Thank you so much for having me on iLive, iLaugh, iLove Books! My name is Jayne Fordham, I am an Australian author and I have just self-published my first novel A Season Of Transformation.
3LB: Who or what inspired you to write? Do you have any role models?
I can’t say that I was inspired to write by any one author. I’ve always loved to read and as a child I wanted to grow up and be a writer. I started writing short stories when I was in primary school and continued until my mid teens. For various reasons there were many years I didn’t write and then a few years back I got inspired and started to write again. I have an eclectic taste in reading and so many authors both Australian and abroad have kept me interested in the written word.
3LB: Create a haiku about A Season of Transformation.
Gosh, I haven’t done one of these in a long time. Okay here goes…Five teenagers bondAbilities transform themMission in autumn
3LB: Was there any scene or part in the book that was difficult to write? If so, how did you get through writing it?
Hmm… I think the scene near the end of the book where the characters need to complete their mission to defeat Maxvale was the most challenging. This was really the point where everything came together and I needed to illustrate each character’s growth not only in their ability proficiency but also as individuals. At the same time I wanted to create suspense and to do all these things I really had to get a good picture in my mind of how I wanted it all to play out. When I am writing a scene I often think of it like a movie scene and then I try to get down on paper what I want the reader to visualize.
3LB: What did you do the second you found out that your book was going to be published?
Well as a self-published author it was my decision to publish. I had looked into other options and then asked my former writing lecturer what I should do and he suggested that I should go for it. I had thought about it for some time and finally took the plunge and published my novel. It’s a very exciting process but also a little scary!
3LB: What’s next for you? What other books have you written?
I have a few projects underway at the moment. I have been working on a travel memoir for the past few months and hope to have it finalized by the end of the year. I also have an adult fantasy/ sci-fi novel underway with a working title of Intuition and I am drafting a sequel for A Season Of Transformation.

3LB: What are you reading now?
Jane Eyre by Charlotte Bronte for a Goodreads challenge as well as Urban Falcon by Jennifer Caloyeras for an upcoming book tour on my book review blog.
3LB: Name one guilty pleasure you have.
I love a glass (or two) of Moscato on a Friday evening. 
3LB: What’s your favorite food?

Chocolate Bavarian!!

3LB: What three people/characters would you love to meet? (They can be fictional, dead, or real and very much alive!)
  1.  Elizabeth Bennett (Pride and Prejudice) - She is such a strong woman and I’d love the insider goss on Mr. Darcy!
  2. Sigmund Freud- he has had such a strong influence on psychology today that I would love to know what was going through his mind way back when.
  3. Bernard Fanning from Powderfinger- my favorite band!
3LB: Tell us five interesting things about yourself.
  1. I am a psychologist in my day job
  2. I play soccer
  3. I am a romantic
  4. I’m a closet Edward Cullen fan
  5. I have the most adorable cocker spaniel called Buddy
Thank you for supporting my book promotion and I hope that YA readers will have a read of my novel, A Season Of Transformation. :)
~~~
Thank you, Jayne! For more information about Jayne and her debut YA novel, check out:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...