Friday, June 17, 2011

Follow Friday and The Book Blogger Hop (24)

It's Follow Friday and The Book Blogger Hop, hosted by Parajunkee and Crazy for Books (respectively)! Please comment and link your blog! I'd love to check it out!
This week's question is:
Genre Wars! What's your favorite genre and which book in that genre made it your favorite?
This is kind of a difficult question for me... so I'm going to choose a very broad topic and just go with fantasy. I love fantasy. Sure, contemporary's great and all, but I probably read ten fantasy books for every one contemporary. I love The Chronicles of Narnia. All time favorites. Plus Harry Potter and the Inheritance Cycle... all read when I was younger. Sigh, memories. Plus I looooove Greek mythology (thanks Percy Jackson!).


This week's question is:
How many books are currently in your to-be-read (TBR) pile?
Oh. It's not so bad. I have about thirteen review books (knocked most of them out of the way recently), and those were specifically requested by the author/publisher. I took out all my unread books from the shelf the other day, a terrible, terrible mistake (I wanted to stack them on my desk so I could keep them apart from the read books) and the stack almost fell over. That would've killed me. So... *counts* (It's probably not as bad as most others...) at least thirty-ish. Plus a bunch more on my Kindle which I'm too lazy to take out. I also took out a lot of books from my shelf the other day to just give away or donate because I had the feeling I'd never read them (and I needed shelf room). But that's just my physical TBR pile. I have at least 452 books to-be-read according to Goodreads.

Reviews:
Movie Review: The Voyage of the Dawn Treader (Ben Barnes, Skandar Keynes)
Summer's Crossing by Julie Kagawa
Starcrossed by Josephine Angelini (ARC)
City of Fallen Angels by Cassandra Clare
Sisterhood Everlasting by Ann Brashares


Author Interviews/Guest Posts:
Interview: Jayne Fordham, A Season of Transformation
Guest Post: Melissa Lemon, Cinder and Ella
Interview: Lily Elderkin, Dancing with the Pen: Lyrical Fragments
Interview: The Hazardous Players, Knighttime
Guest Post: Linda Hawley, Dreams Unleashed
Interview: Aimée Carter, The Goddess Test


Current Giveaways:

*Pre-ALA Giveaway: US Only, Ends THIS SUNDAY, June 19th. There are three prize packs!
*A Season of Transformation: International, Ends June 26th
*Please fill in my WINNER CONTACT FORM for the Birthday Palooza- coming soon!


Weekly Memes:
In My Mailbox
It's Monday! Take a look at what I'm listening to and reading.
Teaser Tuesday: Fins Are Forever by Tera Lynn Childs
Waiting on Wednesday: The Son of Neptune by Rick Riordan


Yay I won the Kreativ Blogger Award! Look at the awesome people that I passed the award on to!


Have a fabulous weekend! Happy Reading!!
I started watching anime for the first time. I know, fail Asian, huh? But the guy's cute.

P.S. Be sure to follow me on Twitter and friend me on Goodreads! And check out my Facebook page! :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...