Monday, June 13, 2011

Guest Post: Melissa Lemon (Blog Tour)

Today I am hosting a stop for the Cinder and Ella virtual book tour. Please give a warm welcome to the author, Melissa Lemon!
Melissa has had many imaginary friends (and enemies) since she was a child. Her vivid imagination had her writing stories and jotting down book ideas for years until she finally sat down and finished a novel. She is married to an awesome man and the proud mother of three children. Music is also an important part of her life and she shares time with her music students teaching them piano, cello or guitar. Melissa is a graduate of the University of Utah and currently resides in the Salt Lake area. 
When I think of sisters, I think of a few things.  My own sisters come to mind.  I have three, and we are as different as the sun and moon.  One is an artist who can make beauty appear out of what may look like, well, stuff.  Another is a diligent child advocate and gifted caretaker.  She’s really just a big kid at heart.  Finally, there’s the singer.  Let’s just say I’m a little jealous because I wish I could sing.  And me?  I write stories and blog posts.

I also think of my mom and her two sisters, who have been lovingly named “The Peppermint Patties” because of their shining white hair.  It is fun to watch them and see how their relationship has changed and strengthened over the years, even across distances.  I think they even look more alike now that they’re older.  No matter where they go together, people know they are sisters.

Then there are my three daughters.  One night they were upset at my husband and me and banded together as sisters to comfort each other.  It does a mother’s heart good to see her children take care of each other and love each other, even though they’re doing it because I won’t give them what they want.

Sisters in literature also inspire me.  I will share a few favorites.  First, the sisters in Jane Austen books.  She knew and portrayed that relationship better than anyone.  I think of the Bennets.  Like my own sisters, they were all different, but they had special bonds among them and when one of them was in dire trouble, the love and concern they had came spilling out.  Then there are the Dashwoods, which are so alike my own girls in personality, I might as well call my girls Elinor, Marianne and Margaret, in that order.

My other favorite family of sisters would have to be the March girls from Little Women.  They were also unique and constant, even though they had their differences at times.  I love the saying, “I smile because you are my sister.  I laugh because there is nothing you can do about it.”

I hope that you will get to know and come to love the sisters in Cinder and Ella.  They have now been added to my list of favorite sisters with all of the others, including, and most especially, my own.
~~~
Thank you, Melissa! To learn more about Ms. Lemon and her writing, visit:
Tour Schedule:
**Visit each stop to enter the giveaways during the tour!
6/1 I Like These BooksReaWrite
6/2 I Am A Reader, Not A Writer
6/3 Reflections of a Neurotic Writer  
6/5 Reflections With CoffeeThe Victorian VanityLost for Words
6/6 Librarians Life in BooksDr. Stravagante’s Traveling Book Circus
6/7 Not on ShelfBending the Spine
6/8 Reading Through LifeBurning Impossibly BrightI know good books
6/9 Awesome BookwormmodOrationThe Fiction Fairy
6/10 Living, Laughing, Loving, ReadingFire and Ice
6/11 Holes in my brainBurning Impossibly Bright
6/12 Community Bookstop
6/13 A Backward StoryiLive, iLaugh, iLove BooksIt’s all about books
6/14 Books and Things
6/15 It’s all about booksThe Great YA Escape
6/16 Jessica’s BookshelfReading VacationBookworm 1858Kitten Reads
6/17 A Casual Reader’s Blog
6/18 Makobi ScribeSplash of our Worlds
6/19 Supernatural Snark
6/20 My Disorganized RamblingsKawzmik WorldSonette’s Bookworm BlogEclectic Eccentric
6/21 Lovez 2 ReadReading in the CornerLiterature Young Adult Fiction
6/22 Book Loving MommyStiletto Storytime
6/23 Reading AngelKeepin’ Up with LDS bookstores
6/24 Rex Robot ReviewsBookworm Nation
6/25 My Love Affair with BooksDarcy’s ReviewWitchy Book Reviews
6/26 Book Twirps
6/27 Between the PagesManga Maniac CafeLost for Words
6/28 Wakela’s WorldReaderGirls
6/29 Books R Us
6/30 Curled Up With BooksBooks R UsA room without books is emptyConfessions of a YA writer

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...