Friday, June 24, 2011

Pre-ALA 2011 Post

It is HERE! The American Library Association Annual Conference and Exhibition officially begins today, Friday 24th! At the time this will be posted, I will still be in Baton Rouge. But never fear, I will be showing up at the Ernest N. Morial Convention Center at 9:00 AM sharp! Maybe. Maybe a little earlier... Anyways, I am soooo excited! My first big bookish event! *Sighs contentedly* There are so many people that I want to meet, and I wish I could be there all four days to meet everybody! But alas, I can only go one day. 


I'm hoping to meet some bloggers! I'm a little shy-I know, I know, you're probably going "WHAT? YOU'RE THE LOUDEST BLOGGER EVER." but in real life, all that goes down the drain. So if you recognize me, please don't hesitate to come up and say hi! You would make my life. This is what I look like:
I'll be carrying a blue and purple plaid backpack. And I THINK I'm planning to wear my blue and pink plaid shirt from Abercrombie & Fitch. If you can get close enough to read the logo that is, LOL. Or I might wear my blue and white striped tee... anyways. Enough about my "fashion." Here are some of the authors that I can't wait to meet:
  • Alex Flinn
  • Ruta Sepetys
  • Franny Billingsley
  • Brenna Yovanoff
  • Cassandra Clare
  • Ellen Hopkins
  • Lisa Desrochers
  • Colleen Houck
  • Katherine Paterson
  • Orson Scott Card
  • Carrie Vaughn
  • Jackson Pearce
The fact that Cassie Clare's going to be there made my life. If I manage to snag an ARC of Clockwork Prince, I can die happy.

And some publisher booths I will definitely be visiting:
  • Disney-Hyperion
  • Harlequin Enterprises Ltd.
  • HarperCollins Children's Books
  • Random House Children's
  • Penguin Young Readers
  • Scholastic
  • Simon and Schuster
So, uh, yeah! I think the most nervous part for me now is deciding when's the right time to pass out business cards. I mean, how do you do that? And when? *confused* I don't want to fangirl too much, and I don't want to seem too uninterested, either. I'm probably also making the mistake of bringing too many books to get signed because I'll probably be bringing a  boatload home. Good thing I'm used to carrying large loads. I might end up looking like this, though. 
So... if you want to be my walking buddy, email me and I'll give you my number!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...