Friday, July 15, 2011

Follow Friday and The Book Blogger Hop (27)

It's Follow Friday and The Book Blogger Hop, hosted by Parajunkee and Crazy for Books (respectively)! Please comment and link your blog! I'd love to check it out!
This week's question is:
What do I do when I are not reading? (Btw, was the bad grammar on purpose?)
I eat. I sleep. That's it. Books are my life. Lol, just kidding! I play the flute and piano. I'm in band and full orchestra. I play tennis. If I'm caught up on Glee (which I currently am... wait till season 3) I watch anime. I love to cook and bake things. And I blog. I spend most of my day blogging, in fact. I'm sitting in front of the computer almost all the time.
This week's question is:
How/where do you get your books? Do you buy them or go to the library? Is there a certain website you use like paperbackswap?
I buy my books from Amazon. It's the cheapest place I know. I also used to check out a lot of books from the library. I haven't been doing it because I've had so many review books and other unread books on my shelf. But I'm starting to again. I've been spending waaaaay too much money on books. 

Reviews:
Ruby Red by Kerstin Gier

Weekly Memes:
Teaser Tuesday: Angelfire by C.A. Moulton

Other Posts:

Yes, guys. It's the day. Harry Potter Day. The very last time we will get something new from the main part of the series. Forget Pottermore. Forget those little wizarding books written by fictional authors that are actually obviously Jo Rowling. 

I posted this last night on Facebook. Sadly, most of my friends don't appreciate Harry Potter as much as I do, as with the YA genre general. Of course, that's the reason I started blogging. To find my book buddies. :)
It's not just about the movies tonight. It's about the world that J.K. Rowling has shared with all of us: the one that has changed the world of literature, and our very lives. Thank you, J.K. Rowling, for giving us the escape from our world, into the unbelievable one you have created. No other author has created a fictional world as intricate or as real as yours. Every writer wants to be like you. You see signs of Harry Potter everywhere. You see it at Platform 9 3/4 at King's Cross, at the Wizarding World in Orlando, on the Internet, and most importantly, in its fans. Us. The ones that the memory of Harry Potter will truly live in. I want to share this story with my children, with my grandchildren. It's an amazing experience that nobody should miss out on.

Forget the silver screen. We're paying tribute to our favorite novels tonight.

I wish I was born earlier. I wish I read the books earlier, and would be able to go to each midnight release of the books. To the midnight premieres of the movies. I wish I was able to fangirl with the release of each bit of news, each sneak peek into the next installments.

We may be saying farewell to future movies, but we will always, always, be able to relive the magical world of Harry Potter. It will remain with us forever.

Hogwarts isn't budging.

To the Boy Who Lived, and his creator.

(By the way, to those of you at the midnight premiere, I HATE YOU ALL.)

Have a fabulous weekend! Happy Reading!! And happy watching Harry Potter if you're going!!
P.S. Be sure to follow me on Twitter and friend me on Goodreads! And check out my Facebook page! :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...