Thursday, July 14, 2011

Movie Review: Transformers 3

Transformers: Dark of the Moon


Directed by: Michael Bay
Written by: Ehren Kruger
Starring: Shia LaBeouf, Rosie Huntington-Whiteley, Tyrese Gibson
Photobucket
The Autobots learn of a Cybertronian spacecraft hidden on the Moon, and race against the Decepticons to reach it and to learn its secrets.
It's been a while since I saw this, but I'm pretty sure my memory won't fail me. Based off of my friends reviews, this is by far the best Transformers movie made. I've seen the first one, but not the second, and from what I remember, I agree. I probably won't be seeing the second one, now, because I don't want to be disappointed.


I love action. There's nothing like a seat-gripping, nail-biting scene that has your eyes glued to the screen. This movie has plenty of those. Bombs, guns, falling buildings. And I loved the Transformers. They just amuse me. I mean, sure, they're big, powerful, intelligent beings that can incinerate you in a second, but for some reason, I still think of them as giant teddy bears. Giant teddy bears that can turn into cars, but whatever. During the scene when the Autobots were being exiled from Earth, I teared up. I'm such a wimp.


Mr. Witwicky (Shia LaBeouf) never fails to make me laugh with his mistakes, jokes, and sometimes stupid actions. He is, of course, one of the closest to the Autobots, and I was rooting for him, every single time. Even if he was "just a kid" and the entire American government was against him. LaBeouf's acting is decent, and he provides some comic relief throughout the movie. His girly screams also amuse me. He must feel very confident if he's willing to do that.


The one thing that kind of bothered me was the romance, or the lack thereof. We never got to see the build up to the relationship between Sam and Carly, which is why I found myself not really liking Carly as a character. She just seemed kind of superficial. All tall, gorgeous, and model-like (which is what Rosie Huntington-Whiteley is), and supposedly in love with Sam Witwicky. And we know that love is returned, which is why Sam is willing to sacrifice his life to save her. But I still don't like it, because we never saw how they got together or anything! Sigh. Plus, I felt like Rosie was there just for her looks. Which she has plenty of. Then again, isn't that what most women are for in movies? At least, if the protagonist is a male, not a female. And besides, her acting was much better than Megan Fox's in the first two movies. (Did anybody notice how Rosie's shoes kept changing from heels to flats in the end of the movie?)


Also, what was with the cape that Megatron wore?


Romances aside, I really enjoyed the rest of the movie. I love those epic scenes when everything seems like it's about to end, and somebody swoops in (quite literally) and saves you. Or when it's twenty against a couple hundred, and reinforcements come. I love those. It gives me a rush of happiness. I don't know if they're making any more Transformers movies, but this one has given me hope for the rest.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...