Thursday, August 4, 2011

Birthday Palooza Guest Post: Inspired Kathy

I Am A Reader, Not A WriterAs the title of my blog clearly states I am a reader, not a writer. I love to read. I do not love to write. I hate spoilers and find it nearly impossible to write a long review of a book without giving away too much of the story. Rather than spending forever writing more elaborate reviews you will find me curled up with a good book. At least I hope it is a good book! 



Kathy on her 12th
Most of my childhood birthdays are a blur.  Unfortunately I remember very little of most of them.  There are 2 birthdays that stand out in my memory for different reasons - my 12th & 16th birthdays.  


Kathy on her 16th
When I turned 12 my dad took me shopping.  This was the one and only time I ever remember going clothes shopping with my dad.  That was a task that typically fell to my mother.  I'm not sure why my dad got the job that day but I've never forgotten it and I still remember the outfit we picked out.  When I shopped with mom we were always bargain shoppers but it was different when dad took me shopping.  We found a pair of jeans and a lavendar top that would have likely been passed over if I was shopping with mom because they weren't on sale.

When I turned 16 my parents threw me a surprise birthday party.  One of my friends accidentally blew the surprise by talking about the party a couple days before it happened.  I knew a party had been planned but I didn't know when or where.  I had been scheduled to work all day the day of the actual party and got quite suspicious when my mom asked if I wanted to practice driving on the way home from work.  I declined and quickly drove home to find my house full of friends. 


~~~
Missed out on a post or a giveaway? No worries! They're all listed on the first birthday palooza post! 

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...