Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Birthday Palooza Guest Post: Tera Lynn Childs


Tera Lynn Childs is the award-winning author of the mythology-based Oh. My. Gods. and Goddess Boot Camp, the mermaid tales Forgive My Fins andFins Are Forever (June 28, 2011) and a new trilogy about monster-hunting descendants of Medusa, starting with Sweet Venom (October 4, 2011). She has also epublished two fun chick lit romances, Eye Candy and Straight Stalk. Tera lives nowhere in particular and spends her time writing wherever she can find a comfy chair and a steady stream of caffeinated beverages.
Dearest Lily,

I know that turning eighteen will be a very important date for you, and I certainly intend to be there, but something in me wants to write you this letter now. Tonight. As you lie sleeping in my arms, your angelic baby blonde hair shining in the soft glow of your nightlight. Just a few days old. Your whole life is ahead of you. Soon you and I will make the transition into the sea—you, because your mer half belongs there, and me because my heart, your father, is there.

I’m trying to picture you in eighteen years, as you are about to be crowned. Sadly, I can already tell that you’ll have my wild hair. I’m sorry for that. Once we’re in the water, that won’t matter though. Your eyes are still blue, as all babies’ are, but I’m hoping they will stay that color, the same as your father’s. I do particularly love your father’s eyes.

You will be expected to have already found your perfect mate, but your father already idolizes you. He will make whatever concessions he can to make sure you’re happy above all else. I have faith that you will find your happiness. It might have taken us many years, but your father and I found ours. And soon we will be together, as a family.

So I just want to say, Happy Birthday, darling daughter. I know you will grow up to be the angel you already are. And I will love watching every moment.

Ever and always,
Your mother
Mom

~~~
Missed out on a post or a giveaway? No worries! They're all listed on the first birthday palooza post! 

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...