Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Teaser Tuesday (34)

Teaser Tuesdays is a weekly bookish meme, hosted by MizB of Should Be Reading. Anyone can play along! Just do the following:
  • Grab your current read
  • Open to a random page
  • Share two (2) “teaser” sentences from somewhere on that page
  • BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS! (make sure that what you share doesn’t give too much away! You don’t want to ruin the book for others!)
  • Share the title & author, too, so that other TT participants can add the book to their TBR Lists if they like your teasers!
The Iron Knight (Iron Fey, #4)
"Hmm. Hey, ice-boy, hold these for a second, will ya?" Puck asked, holding out the mushroom kebabs. Frowning, I took them, and he struck me upside the head, not hard, but solid enough to rock me forward a step. "Stop being so damned fatalistic," he said as I turned on him with a snarl. "If I didn't want to be here, I wouldn't be. And you know you can't do it all by your lonesome, ice-boy. Sooner or later, you're going to have to start trusting us."
     I laughed at him then, bitter and self-mocking. "Trust," I said flatly. "Trust requires the faith of both parties, Goodfellow."
     "Enough," the Wolf growled, baring his fangs at us all. "We're wasting time. Those who wish to leave, leave. But I believe the consensus is that everyone is staying, is that right?" No one disagreed with him, and he snorted. "Then let us go. I have no idea why two-legs wish to stand around and talk so much."
     "For once, I agree with the dog." Grimalkin's voice came from an overhead branch.
~From Kindle Location 1489 of The Iron Knight by Julie Kagawa

Note: The text featured in this post is from an Advanced Reader's Copy (ARC). Changes may have been made in the final proof.

PLEASE LEAVE A COMMENT with either the link to your own Teaser Tuesday post, or share your two 'teasers' in a comment here (if you don't have a blog). Thanks!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...