Saturday, December 31, 2011

Snapshots of 2011

The final day of the year always brings back memories, doesn't it? Whether good or bad, it's  a comforting thought to know that you get to start anew (...kind of) with the arrival of a new year. I for one had a spectacular year. This was my first year of blogging... and I'm hoping for many more!


This year I read 100 books, give or take a few. (Sometimes I forget to update Goodreads...)


My Favorite Reads of 2011:

  • Alex Rider: Scorpia Rising by Anthony Horowitz - will miss the series! :(
  • Anna and the French Kiss by Stephanie Perkins
  • The Charmed Life by Jenny B. Jones 
  • Clockwork Prince by Cassandra Clare
  • Half-Blood by Jennifer L. Armentrout 
  • The Inheritance Cycle by Christopher Paolini (re-read, with exception of Inheritance
  •  Iron Fey by Julie Kagawa 
  • River of Time by Lisa T. Bergren 
  • The Son of Neptune by Rick Riordan 
My Favorite Movies:
  • The Chronicles of Narnia: The Voyage of the Dawn Treader
  • Forrest Gump (I know... it took me this long to watch it.) 
  • Kung Fu Panda 2
  • Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Part 2 
  • Sherlock Holmes: A Game of Shadows 
  • Tangled 
My Favorite Songs (This is only a few of them, all linked for your viewing/listening pleasure.):
  • "Can I Have This Dance" by Zac Efron and Vanessa Hudgens (Nothing like a little High School Musical... DON'T JUDGE. My sister and I relived our elementary Disney Channel obsessions over Christmas.)
  • "Capriccio Italien" by Tchaikovsky (By the way, that's me in the flute section. :D) 
  • "Just a Dream" by Nelly (Sam Tsui and Christina Grimmie Cover) 
  • "Tong Hua" (Fairy Tale) by Guang Liang 
My Favorite Couples (Book, TV, Movie):
  • Will and Tessa, Clockwork Prince by Cassandra Clare 
  • Blaine and Kurt, Glee   
  • Aiden and Alex, Half-Blood by Jennifer L. Armentrout 
  • Ron and Hermione, Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Part 2   
  • Meghan and Ash, Iron Fey by Julie Kagawa 
  • Chloe and Alek, The Nine Lives of Chloe King 
  • Gabi and Marcello, River of Time by Lisa T. Bergren 
  • Kim Kardashian and Kris Humphries... Kidding, I'm kidding!
What I'm looking forward to:
HECK, YES.
  • Clockwork Princess by Cassandra Clare 
  • Mark of Athena by Rick Riordan 
  • Artemis Fowl: Last Guardian by Eoin Colfer (No... the ending of another great MG series!) 
  • Tributary by Lisa T. Bergren 
  • Maximum Ride: Nevermore by James Patterson (And the ending of another series that goes back to my middle school years. I'm going to cry.)
  • Isla and the Happily Ever After by Stephanie Perkins 
  • City of Lost Souls by Cassandra Clare 
  • Wings of the Wicked by Courtney Allison Moulton 
  • Pandemonium by Lauren Oliver 
  • Fever by Lauren DeStefano 
  • A Million Suns by Beth Revis 
  • Taken at Dusk by C.C. Hunter 
That is such an inaccurate picture of this year. The majority of my favorites came from the portion closer to the end of the year because that's what I remember best. So I may have forgotten to give credit to something I loved. :(


Enjoy the remainder of 2011, and I wish you all happiness and health in this coming year!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...