Thursday, February 23, 2012

Author Interview: S.R. Johannes


Please give a warm welcome to S.R. Johannes, aka Shelli Johannes-Wells!
Hello, I’m Shelli – friend, foe, writer, marketer, wife, mom, animal lover, yoga-er, brownie troop leader, over achiever and under developed. I’m boring, the only person who laughs at my own jokes, and I love to laugh.
3LB: Who or what inspired you to write? Do you have any role models, whether in writing or life in general?
I love John Steinbeck, Ian Fleming, John D MacDonald, and James Patterson. I grew up reading my mom’s thrillers so those authors had a huge influence.
3LB: Synopsis in a Tweet! Describe your book in 140 characters or less.
Untraceable is a teen wilderness thriller with a mystery, murder, a kick butt heroine, and of course two hot boys :)
3LB: If you were stranded in an area with lots and lots AND lots of snow, which one of your book characters would you want there with you?
Grace. My next book in this series (Uncontrollable) is in the winter and Grace has some serious winter survival tips.
3LB: Do you have anything that you need to have around you when you write, such as a specific playlist/radio station in the background, coffee, a desk in a quiet room?
I build playlists for every book with a song for each chapter that sets that mood when I start writing a book. But when I’m editing, its classical music.
3LB: What writing plans do you have for the future?   
ON THE BRIGHT SIDE – a tween guardian angel story comes out Jan 31st. I am in an anthology Feb 14th with other indie authors called IN HIS EYES, short stories about love from a hot guy’s perspective.
3LB: What other hobbies do you enjoy aside from reading and writing?
Bikram yoga. But really I just spend time with my family.
  3LB: If you had to live your life as an animal, what would you be?
Oh gosh, this is hard. Something at the top of the food chain. To be eaten alive would be horrible. I love owls, dolphins, and dogs but I don’t see myself as one. Oh I know – a platypus. Because they are unique and no one still knows what they are. That’s me.
3LB: Name one guilty pleasure you have.
Only one! Man you are tough. I would say “Double caramel magnum ice cream bars”. They are sooo good. I can only buy one box every 30 days. It has 3 bars in it so I have to spread them out.
3LB: Time travel: Future or past? And where and when would you go to?
I’d love to go back and find out where the Bible really came from. Just to settle it once and all. I’m kidding. I would love to go back to when I met my husband and start the last 10 years over. They have been so good I’d love to do them again :)
3LB: Tell us five interesting things about yourself.
Impossible. I am not interesting. I can tell you crazy things…
  1. I don’t separate my washing – colors and whites go together. (Am I crazy or what?)
  2. I have a very sensitive gag reflex that my friends love to try and set off.
  3. I argue with myself.
  4. I laugh at my own jokes.
  5. I am an overachiever – big time.
~~~
Thank you, Shelli! For more information about Ms. Johannes and her books, visit:
Purchase Untraceable, available now!
16 year old Grace was reared in the wilderness. Her first pet was a bear named Simon. Her first potty, an oak tree. And, her first swing, a forest vine. Grace has lived in the Smokies all her life, patrolling with her forest ranger father who taught her everything he knew about wildlife, tracking, and wilderness survival.

When Grace's dad goes missing on a routine patrol, unlike everyone in her sleepy mountain town, she refuses to believe he’s dead. After finding a Cheetos bag and stolen government file, Grace is convinced she’s one step closer to proving all the non-believers wrong.

One day, while out tracking clues, Grace is rescued from imminent danger by Mo, a hot guy who has an intoxicating accent and a secret. Grace has never felt a connection like this before, certainly not with her ex-boyfriend, the adoring, but decidedly unrugged, Wyn.

After a few run-ins with the town's police chief, her father's partner, and some new evidence, Grace travels deeper into the wilderness that has always been her refuge only to learn that her father's disappearance is not a mere coincidence.

Soon she’s enmeshed in a web of conspiracy, deception, and murder. And it’s going to take a lot more than a compass and a motorcycle (named Lucifer) for this kick-butting heroine to emerge from an epidemic that’s spreading like wild fire, threatening everything and everyone she’s ever loved.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...