Monday, February 6, 2012

Character Interview: Jennifer L. Armentrout

Today, we have three wonderful visitors: Alex, Aiden, and Seth from Jennifer L. Armentrout's Covenant series! They were kind enough to sit down and answer a few questions from me.


Jennifer ArmentroutAlex, I know that you had a lot of conflicts at the Council, but what did you like most about it?
Alex: Yeah, I don’t think there was much I liked about it. Well, there was this one moment. It was perfect. I’ll probably dream about it.
After Awakening, you’ll gain a lot of power. What’s the first thing you’re going to do with it? Few people could stop you then.
Alex: I’d really like to zap Minister Telly into next year, but I doubt the gods will take kindly to that.
Tell me about. Minister Telly even made me want to give him a good kick in a certain area. 


With all the events at the Council and those leading up to it, what do you most regret doing or not doing?
Alex: Gods, there’s a lot of things I regret. I wish I pulled my head out of my rear a lot sooner than I did. I wish I could go back and change a few things. You probably know what they are. And I wish I never opened my mouth with that one thing.
Ah, yes. That one thing. I believe Pure readers will know what she is referring to. Everybody else? You'll just have to wait and see. :)

And just because I know you love school so much, what’s your favorite class?
Alex: Myths and Legends—I share it with Deacon. He’s pretty funny in class when he’s not sleeping.
Jennifer ArmentroutAiden, we see less of you in Pure, but you always seem to be in the right place at the right time. How did you know Alex was in trouble that night of the daimon attack at the Covenant?
Aiden: Well, the screams pretty much alerted everyone to the fact that someone was in trouble. That and the dead guards.
Oh. *slightly disappointed face* I was hoping for something like... an inner connection with Alex that alerted you and... *squeaksI will shut up now because you are giving me a death glare and I don't like it...

And... how was your birthday dinner? Rumor has it that Deacon wanted to play naked Twister at your party.
Aiden: Much to Deacon’s dismay, there was no naked Twister, party, or dinner. I cancelled. After everything…. I wasn’t in the mood to celebrate anything.
Jennifer ArmentroutSeth, other than training Alex and... er, “dorm hopping,” how else did you spend your time at the Covenant?
Seth: Isn’t training Alex and dorm hopping enough? Both of those things take up a lot of time and I’m a very busy Seth.
*coughs* Right. I'm sure.

Do you know if your runes mean anything?
Seth: I know what each of the glyphs mean. And I have a lot. Probably bore the crap out of you, but it would be a nice informative discussion one day.
Seth and Aiden: Just because I think you’ll have fun answering: Name one thing that you like about each other.
Aiden: He has nice hair.
Seth: He finally came to his senses.
Describe yourself in 3 words.
Alex: I’m so confused.
Seth: I’m so awesome.
Aiden: Ready to smack someone. Sorry. More than three words, but I can’t help it.
Finish this sentence "I can't live without..."
Alex: Candy. I can’t live without candy right now.
Aiden: I'd rather not answer that at this time.
Seth: Can I say myself?
(Anybody else wondering why Aiden didn't answer??)

If you could be a Greek god/goddess, who would you be?
Aiden: I really don’t want to be any of them.
Seth: I have to go with Aiden on this.
Alex: Wow, all three of us agree on something.
What is your favorite food?
Seth: Anything red meat.
Alex: Same here. I’d do something real bad for a Big Mac.
Aiden: Chicken. I do have a soft spot for pizza and kettle cooked chips.
Thank you for stopping by Alex, Aiden and Seth (and also to Jen for letting them go for a bit; they were on their best behavior!) It was great having you! :)
Thanks for having us!
~~~
For more information about Ms. Armentrout and her books, visit:

Purchase Half-Blood (available now) and Pure (April 2012)!
Pure (Covenant, #2)
There is need. And then there is Fate... 

Being destined to become some kind of supernatural electrical outlet isn't exactly awesome--especially when Alexandria's "other half" is everywhere she goes. Seth's in her training room, outside her classes, and keeps showing up in her bedroom--so not cool. Their connection does have some benefits, like staving off her nightmares of the tragic showdown with her mother, but it has no effect on what Alex feels for the forbidden, pure-blooded Aiden. Or what he will do--and sacrifice--for her.

When daimons infiltrate the Covenants and attack students, the gods send furies--lesser gods determined to eradicate any threat to the Covenants and to the gods, and that includes the Apollyon... and Alex. And if that and hordes of aether-sucking monsters didn't blow bad enough, a mysterious threat seems willing to do anything to neutralize Seth, even if that means forcing Alex into servitude... or killing her.

When the gods are involved, some decisions can never, ever be undone.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...