I'm full Chinese. My parents were born and raised there, so I'm part of the first generation in our family to be raised, well, non-Chinese. I love my heritage and culture (although learning Chinese can be a pain sometimes), and I'm glad to be able to share it with all of you today.
What we need more of is Asian YA Lit. Books are being more and more diversified, and that's exactly what we're looking for! Help us in celebrating Asian culture and literature for the next two weeks.
Now I'll just stop being boring.
Are you Asian? Are you not Asian, but think you should've been born Asian? If the majority of the following statements apply to you, then you're probably Asian!
- You wear glasses.
- You eat rice for most meals.
- You keep a straight-A report card. Anything else would result in disownment.
- You have your sights set on Harvard. Anything else would result in family dishonor.
- You play piano. Or violin. Or both.
- You listen to k-pop.
- Sushi? Raw fish? BRING IT ON.
- Speed limits are trivial things.
- You tark Engrish rike this.
- You often say "Too expensive!!!" or "I'll wait until it is cheaper."
- Pokemon is your life.
- Chopsticks are basically extensions of your fingers.
- Your email address ends in an "8."
- You have anime marathons. (Sleep? What's that?)
P.S. I did not mean to offend anyone. Besides, I was mostly making fun of myself.
And finally, I present to you a hilarious video that is pretty much genius. (Beware of language.)
On to what you have all been waiting for: the giveaway! International readers, feel free to jump in! This giveaway ends on April 30. Two winners will each receive a book of choice from The Book Depository, and a third winner will receive a $15 Barnes and Noble Gift Card.
The catch? Your book of choice must be one of the following:
Just fill out the Rafflecopter form to enter! (This is the same form used on all three blogs. Enter once!)
a Rafflecopter giveaway
We hope you enjoy our event. There are a lot of amazing bloggers and authors involved. Stay tuned!
And don't forget to check out That Hapa Chick and My Words Ate Me today for more posts!