Thursday, April 26, 2012

Author Interview: Lauren Oliver

Lauren OliverPlease give a warm welcome to the fantastic Lauren Oliver, author of the bestselling Delirium trilogy! 
Hi hi! My name is Lauren Oliver, and I like many things, including: ketchup, Sundays, fast-moving airport lines, getting upgraded, clean sheets, and long dinners filled with great conversation and good wine.
3LB: Create a haiku about Pandemonium.
Pandemonium
Then: Lena turns warrior
Now: she loves again
3LB: If you could hang out with one of your characters for a day, who would it be?
Hana, of Delirium. She seems fun!
3LB: Do you have anything that you need to have around you when you write, such as a specific playlist/radio station in the background, coffee, a desk in a quiet room?
I need coffee just to survive, so it's definitely a prerequisite of writing time. But otherwise, I can pretty much write anywhere--on the plane, in bathrooms, in the back of a cab--using any device. I wrote much of Before I Fall on my Blackberry, while commuting on the subway.
3LB: Can you give us any hints on what will happen in Requiem?
Not a peep! I can say, however, that the book is told from two distinct POV's.
3LB: Time travel: Future or past? And where and when would you go to?
Probably the past. I'd love to go back in time to Edwardian or Victorian England, but only if I could bring a LOT of soap and perfume, because I hear it stunk back then.
3LB: If your characters had a Twitter, what would they be Tweeting?
Lindsay from Before I Fall would tweet: I should've been the main character, right? #soundsfair


And various people from the Delirium trilogy might tweet: @OliverBooks pls don't kill me off!
3LB: Tell us five interesting things about yourself.
  1. I'm an excellent cook
  2. I hate all fruit except for summer berries.
  3. I'm extremely superstitious, but I am not religious.
  4. I travel about 50 percent of the year.
  5. I am always reading three books simultaneously.
Is there anything else you’d like to share?
Thank you for having me!
~~~
Thank you, Lauren! For more information about Ms. Oliver and her books, visit:

Purchase her books:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...