Monday, April 16, 2012

Teen Book Con 2012 Part 1

So, I had an awesome time Saturday at Teen Book Con. There were so many amazing authors there! Wish I got to meet some bloggers, but I'm still pretty shy in public and didn't go up to anybody. (Besides, everybody's older than me! Where are you guys, teen bloggers?)


I wrote fourteen pages of notes. Man, I hope college will be this interesting! For the rest of this week, I will be posting all the panel discussions I listened to.


We started off with the keynote speech from the epic Orson Scott Card. He's great, guys. So funny. Even my dad was impressed. I can't remember much from the speech, but I do remember him saying something like this: "People who don't read... are stupid. But we don't tell them that. We just feel sorry for them."
Orson Scott Card (He's not a fan of The Hunger Games, thinks Nathaniel Hawthorne is evil, made All State in high school for tuba, and recommends Game of Thrones and Moby Dick. But not at 16.)
Holly Black, Gina Damico, DJ MacHale, Marlene Perez
Orson Scott Card, Inara Scott, Jessica Spotswood, Maggie Stiefvater
Megan Crewe, Michael Grant, Marissa Meyer
For more pictures, check out the iLive, iLaugh, iLove Books Facebook page!


I'll jump right onto the signings now. Maggie Stiefvater's and Orson Scott Card's lines were about a mile long each, and I completely missed out on Card because he left to catch the plane! So disappointed.


Lauren DeStefano and Alexandra Adornetto unfortunately could not make the event, so I have three sad, lonely, unsigned books sitting on my shelf...


But I DID get eight other books signed! Take a look at them on this week's earlier In My Mailbox post.
And that's all for today. Stay tuned for all the fantastic panel discussions!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...